OT: lenses (Was: Front Panels - PDP8 and PDP 11

Zane Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Thu Mar 10 17:40:08 CST 2016

> On Mar 10, 2016, at 8:55 AM, Fred Cisin <cisin at xenosoft.com> wrote:
>
> On Thu, 10 Mar 2016, Fred Cisin wrote:
>> You might also get a little vignetting from any very short focal length lens that isn't retro-focus, since the sensors are expecting all light to be coming in perpendicularly, not from a optic node very close to the center of the lens.  THAT could be handled by a firmware mod, to give appropriately more exposure towards the edges.
>
> CORRECTION:  The A7R actually addresses that!  Not in software, but with lenses on the sensor chip!

I’ve been wondering about this.  I thought I’d seen something about something newer than the A7 handling wide-angle lenses better than the original.

BTW, someone is even preparing to come out with an adaptor that allows autofocus with Leica M-Mount lenses!

http://petapixel.com/2016/01/07/this-adapter-gives-manual-focus-m-lenses-autofocus-on-sony-cameras/

Zane