Honneywell multics? from panels. the inline phots in this message folks -smecc

Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Wed Mar 16 08:01:48 CDT 2016

> I have thought, on occasion, about simulating a segmented machine on
> a non-segmented machine, i.e. one with large unidirectional addresses
> (segmented being a bi-directionally addressed machine) - [...]

Hm, "unidirectional" and "bidirectional" are terms I'm having trouble
figuring out the meaning of here.  You seem to be using them as,
effectively, synonyms for "non-segmented" and "segmented", but I don't
see any way in which directionality makes any sense for either, so I
can only infer I'm missing something.  Is it anything you can explain?

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org