PDP-11/05-NC with M9301?

Mattis Lind mattislind at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 12:08:56 CDT 2016

> > Yes. That is pretty clear from pin assignment list that bad things WILL
> > happen if you try to install a Unibus-slot-compatible device into  a MUD
> > slut. But the vice-versa? Installing a MUD-compatible device into a
> > Unibus-slot?
>
> Most of those are memory boards and from my recollection they just won’t
> work.

Ahh. You are thinking of hex size memory boards, right? I was think of the
M9312 and M9301 bootstrap and terminator boards. Essentially a terminator
with some bootstrap PROM and some logic to handle location 24/26 etc.

Anyway, I will try to check the backplane wiring to see if that gives a
hint.

What still would be interesting to now is in what slot the M9301 or M9312
goes into a PDP-11/70. My guess is the last unibus slot on the bus with the
jumpers installed. Much like the M9313 terminator and unibus exerciser
which is in the last slot of the  11/750 unibus.

/Mattis