TI Silent 743/745 question.

Chris Elmquist chrise at pobox.com
Wed Mar 23 09:25:50 CDT 2016

On Wednesday (03/23/2016 at 02:03PM +0000), Cohen, Corey A wrote:
> I'm trying to troubleshoot a TI silent 743/745.   When you press the "rubout" key should it print anything like an underscore?   Besides sending the rubout character, what does the actual print head do?  Backup? Print an underscore?

I get nothing printed when pressing RUBOUT.

With the unit in off-line mode and in half- or full-duplex, characters
typed are printed.  RUBOUT prints nothing.

With the unit in on-line mode and half-duplex, chraracters typed are
printed and RUBOUT prints nothing.  In full-duplex, nothing prints unless
the far end echos it back.

Chris
--
Chris Elmquist