Front panel switches - what did they do?

Eric Smith spacewar at
Tue May 24 14:05:37 CDT 2016

On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 12:58 PM, Swift Griggs <swiftgriggs at> wrote:
> Is that the same as the EL that was used in the 1980's on lots of old
> stereo gear ? Ie.. you'd hit rewind and some little backlit
> glass-and-silkscreen template would say "Rewind" in blue or green or etc..

Those were typically vacuum fluorescent (VFD).

More information about the cctalk mailing list