Unknown DEC indicator panel

Jon Elson elson at pico-systems.com
Tue Nov 1 20:58:34 CDT 2016

>> So, the CHM has an RSTS-11 brochure:
>>
>>    http://archive.computerhistory.org/resources/text/DEC/pdp-11/Digital.PDP-11.1970.102646128.pdf
>>
>> which shows in a couple of places (front cover, page 6, 7, 10, 11) an
>> indicator panel which I haven't been able to identify:
These look VERY posed, so don't be sure ANYTHING in the
picture was a fully working system.  If those panels look
like something off a KA10 controller, then they very well
could be.

Remember IBM and a few other vendors have had publications
that had plywood mockups of systems that bore LITTLE
resemblance to the production versions.  Also, some IBM
publications (where I'm more familiar with their models) had
some photos of machines that probably were in-house
prototypes that were quite different than the production
version.

1970 was in the VERY early days of the PDP-11, and they may
have hacked up device controls from other models with
different word lengths, so as to have working gear for
software development.

Jon