S/36 in Milwalkee

Al Kossow aek at bitsavers.org
Sat Nov 5 14:07:43 CDT 2016

On 11/5/16 11:24 AM, Jason T wrote:
> I'm guessing
> it's far more due to IBM having never released anything close to
> technical documentation on the architecture

S/32 - 36 are fairly well documented. It's just non-trivial to do the work
and would require someone to reverse-engineer with a machine next to them.

S34 would probably be easier though since it only has one processor and
didn't have quite as much LSI in it.

If you need some place to dump the resulting scans and disk images, I can
put them on bitsavers. I still have several boxes of S/36 documentation in
the backlog.