New family member

jim stephens jwsmail at jwsss.com
Sun Nov 20 01:18:05 CST 2016

On 11/18/2016 12:16 AM, jim stephens wrote:
> Some may recall the Nova 3 front panel discussion some months back. I
> bought a Nova 3 front panel just for the heck of it, and we discussed
> replacing lamp, and have the correct lamp info now.
>
> Nova 3 CPU, 2 16K boards, Basic I/O and
>
> Anyway the Nova 3 karma system was watching and guess what.
>
> http://jimsoldtoys.blogspot.com/2016/11/data-general-nova-3.html
I updated the page, and found out that there is a Datum 4091EC disk
controller in slot 12 optioned for a Diablo 30.  I was wondering if
anyone has any info on those as well as the Datum card.  Is there a
similar effort to get an emulator for the Diablo drive as there is for
the RL02?  From the Diablo info on Bitsavers it says that Datum used the
5440 drives, which would be similar to the RL02, Western Dynex, and
Microdata 7000 Marathon drives, all of which used the top loading 2.5
and 5mb cartridges.

I know the Alto guys all are using the front loading Diablo drives, and
wondered if that is similar?  Lots to learn about the system.

thanks
jim