Other SMS300/8X300/8X305 uses?

Tony Duell ard.p850ug1 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 01:10:33 CST 2016

On Sun, Nov 27, 2016 at 4:39 AM, Eric Smith <spacewar at gmail.com> wrote:
> Now that I have an 8X300 (etc.) disassembler, which I've used to
> disassemble the Western Digital WD1000 and WD1001 firmware, and the Zendex
> ZX-203 firmware, I've become curious as to what other products used the
> SMS300/8X300/8X305.  Does anyone know of any?

It will take me some time to check, but I seem to remember an ISA card,
not a disk controller, with one on. Possibly a 3720-type interface (I
think there
was a single BNC socket on the bracket, and it's not ethernet).

There's an 8X300 on the hard disk controller (Philips X1215 drive) for the
Philips P854 computer. But I suspect that is too obscure even for this
list.

-tony