DEC M9312 Configs for a 11/40

Josh Dersch derschjo at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 13:09:46 CST 2016

I can take some pictures of the M9312 I have running in my 11/40 tonight if
need be.  The manual at
http://bitsavers.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de/pdf/dec/unibus/M9312_TechRef.pdf
(page A-2) suggests that W8 should be IN.

Can you describe how your system is configured (i.e. what's on the bus,
what's in the CPU, etc?).

Have you double-checked that the interrupt vectors for your SLUs are
correctly configured?  The console (and BASIC, IIRC) does not use
interrupts for serial I/O and will work if the vector is misconfigured (I
discovered this the hard way in my 11/05) but other things will not and
will behave badly.

I'd also suggest using PDP11GUI to load in diagnostics directly, this
avoids needing to be able to boot XXDP...

- Josh