ka... ching!

Adrian Graham witchy at binarydinosaurs.co.uk
Sat Oct 1 09:54:16 CDT 2016

On 01/10/2016 15:42, "js at cimmeri.com" <js at cimmeri.com> wrote:

> On 10/1/2016 9:19 AM, Al Kossow wrote:
>> http://www.ebay.com/itm/291894250804
>
> I don't get it.  Would someone explain to me how a couple of old, dirty,
> untested, belt driven floppy drives are worth this kind of money?   And
> why??
>
> There's actual bidding going on.  That's not just an asking price.

Because they're actual Twiggy drives from a Lisa 1. A lot of them were
chucked during the Lisa 2 upgrades offered by Apple because the Twiggys were
slow and unreliable, but it's a great example of how not to design a floppy
drive. If I had deep pockets I'd be bidding too.

--
Adrian/Witchy
Binary Dinosaurs creator/curator