ka... ching!

Tomasz Rola rtomek at ceti.pl
Sun Oct 2 01:49:19 CDT 2016

On Sat, Oct 01, 2016 at 04:06:49PM -0700, Fred Cisin wrote:
> >> Looks like it's time to get out of this racket.
> On Sat, 1 Oct 2016, tony duell wrote:
> >Want to take me with you?
>
> I'd ask if there's room, but I'm afraid that I'm not worthy.
> Besides, I still have too much crap that I'd want to bring along.

But you guys must realize how this "get out of" is going to end? In a
rather small room filled up to the roof with those who followed you
because "please" and "me too" and "I will clean your screwdriver".

[...]
> If John Titor ever answers my standing offer, one of the first
> things that I should do in the 1960s is get a warehouse.

If you meet the guy (or he meets you, which ever comes first) please
ask if this would have been not too much trouble for him to make a
compressed dump of the list archives from before the server went
soft. Ideally, tar + compressed/gzipped, with 2-5% Solomon-Reed
checksum, just in case. And of course, drop it in _our_ time somewhere
on the net (what do I care if he takes the tape home - I might be
fried to the bone by then). I spit in the mirror from time to time
because I have not made it myself when it was easy and did not
required bending of light and similar magic.

BTW, the "ching" aspect does not have much spell for me. Maybe because
I do not have a "kollekshion". Or maybe because I am focused on
rethinking some not-so-old ideas - it seems to be more fun than
learning Javascript and node and whatever is cool this month.

--
Regards,
Tomasz Rola