ka... ching!

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Sun Oct 2 21:18:30 CDT 2016

On Sun, 2 Oct 2016, Brad H wrote:
> I have been keeping a registry of key machines.. Apple IIs and Altairs
> and such.. whenever a serial number is available I try to record it.
>  Ive only seen one or two come up twice.. and I think one was the
> vintagecomputermuseum guy.  I'll keep keeping tabs and see just for fun
> if stuff is in fac recycling. :)

I think that the Apple II+, TRS80, 5150, etc.  were MUCH too numerous for
meaningful results - your sample is going to remain much too small a
percentage of the total population.

Apple 1, and even Altair, are a much more finite number, and certainly
easier to keep track of.

In spite of the potential futility, it should be interesting.  It also
puts you in a great position to facilitate sales, trades, etc.
Howzbout: include a field in the record about what kinds of buy/sell/trade
offers the owner WANTS to be contacted about?  ("want more of the same",
"will sell in the range of $20,000", "looking for following boards:",
etc.)

Grumpy Ol' Fred     		cisin at xenosoft.com