Picked up Commodore Amiga 2000

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 16:26:10 CDT 2016

On Wed, Oct 5, 2016 at 10:29 AM,  <ethan at 757.org> wrote:
> All you Amiga heads watch out for those motherboard batteries! Especially on
> the A3000! A3000s are probably going to be very rare due to all the
> destroyed motherboards (Someone should reproduce one with sockets for the
> original chips.)

I have several motherboards in various states - many functional, one
or two are probably total losses and will become parts donors.

I also lost an A4000 to a leaky Varta battery - I thought I'd removed
it.  I was sadly wrong.  I think it's repairable.  The deconstruction
is almost complete, then the cleaning and reconstruction can begin.

And yet another one is a Commodore Colt - it _may_ be repairable, but
I'm going to get some practice on a simpler repair first.

Those 90s NiCd batteries have destroyed a lot of hardware.

-ethan