Data on a Platter!

Jason T silent700 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 01:14:06 CDT 2016

On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 1:03 AM,  <steven at malikoff.com> wrote:
> came out in that year (it's on Youtube). It also mentions 'during later 1970
> and 1971' so I'd say 1969/70 as a guess. I wonder if any of those devices

Oh yes, they did say that.  I think that may give us a date, then.

I was also going to ask if anyone knew of any other examples of
phonograph records used to store data.  The only one I'm aware of is
the flexi-discs that came in early-80s computer magazines.  It was
either Kilobaud of Interface Age that had them.  They'd contain a
carrier tone you could play into a modem (IIRC) and they'd "download"
(ASCII dump, really) the programs from that issue.  I have many mags
with the records in them but have never tried decoding one.