Twiggys [was: Re: ka... ching!]

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Mon Oct 10 15:03:00 CDT 2016

On 10/10/2016 11:32 AM, Geoffrey Oltmans wrote:

> Apologies for saying this, but it almost sounds like to me that you
> are validating their "no mainframe programmers wanted" stance. ;)

Not really--it seems to me that a great deal of early work with
microprocessors was successfully done by mainframe people.

No, I think that Nolan Bushnell was repulsed by the high level of
organization in the mainframe business and wanted more of a "bootleg"
software operation; i.e. not products that would last for years.

It was a bit ironic, because most of those feeding quarters into the
racecar game machine at Andy Capp's were, in fact, mainframe people.

--Chuck