Front Panels - Update.

Rod Smallwood rodsmallwood52 at btinternet.com
Tue Oct 11 05:32:58 CDT 2016

Hi

       Firstly I am pleased to be able to say I have five different
PDP-8 front panels all in stock.

Secondly a big thank you to Jack Rubin for mentioning my panels in his
presentation at the Chicago show.

I have the artwork for the PDP-8/L done and I'll get a run done as soon
as I get enough interested  parties.

Thanks to Vince I have been able to make a working PDP-8/i lights board.

As we all know the 8/i is made up of a wire wrap back plane and loads of
flip chip modules.

I am only mad not totally insane. So reproducing that lot is not possible.

So its the Raspberry Pi and simH  route for me.

First job is to go and have another look at what Oscar did/is doing.

I know he muxed the lamps on his board. He usually open sources everything.

In keeping with my plug compatible philosophy

I'll go as far as paddle cards and DEC style edge connectors on my PiBoard

The switches are the butterfly rocker type. I should be able to pick up
an odd one as a sample.

I know Oscar is looking at this whole question so I'll get an update
from him.

Rod (Panelman) Smallwood

--
PDP-8/e PDP-8/f PDP-8/m PDP-8/i