Gaming on old systems (was Re: Twiggys [was: Re: ka... ching!])

william degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 10:44:16 CDT 2016

> DOS PC: Doom

Last comment from me...

I played SGI Doom the other day for the first time.  There are always new
discoveries, I did not even know this port existed.

There is always vintage console gaming at (what was once MARCH but is now)
the VCFed club's holiday party each December.  Ian Primas always brings a
van full of vintage TVs etc.  That's part of the charm, using old TVs too,
when you use the vintage consoles.

Personally for console gaming I have a Retron 5 with HDMI port.  Modern
convenience.  I don't use actual vintage hardware for gaming that often.
Retron 5 has an SDI card port.  5 game systems in one.