Gaming on old systems (was Re: Twiggys [was: Re: ka... ching!])

alex d azd30 at telus.net
Tue Oct 11 16:32:00 CDT 2016

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Ethan Dicks" <ethan.dicks at gmail.com>
> Subject: Gaming on old systems (was Re: Twiggys [was: Re: ka... ching!])

[... snip ...]
>and curses-based UNIX games, and would like to add more platforms.  I'm
> especially interested in any favorites that run on dumb terminals (I
> have numerous ones to bring in, and have a VT220 already in the
> collection).
> If you've played anything in the past 3 years, I'd especially like to
> hear about it since that speaks to enjoyment and replayability.  If
> you like it, someone here will probably like it too.

rogue or anything rogue-like - nethack comes to mind 8-)

I started playing it in the mid 80's. Still play it today. I have it on my iPad, Android phone, Mac Desktop and a whole slew of
Unix boxes (SGI/Sun/IBM/DEC) and even (ughhh!) a PC/Linux laptop... It's usually the first thing that gets
installed/compiled on a new machine/platform.

The only experience that will top the above, is feeding some quarters in a "Fun House" or "Black Knight" pinball machine...