booting 6085 XDE 5.0 settime.boot

Mike Ross tmfdmike at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 17:17:19 CDT 2016

On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 4:51 AM, Al Kossow <aek at bitsavers.org> wrote:

> the perennial '937' problem
>
> just installed 6085 XDE 5.0 from floppies but there is no option in the
> installer to load and setup to boot settimedove.boot from the copilot volume
>
> someone must have figured this out
>
> on the other hand, since none of the compilers or actual useful stuff is installed,
> since you're SUPPOSED to fetch this off the XNS network, maybe not.
>
> I should post this on comp.sys.xerox :-)

Assuming you've installed this to an emulated disk... if you can chuck
the disk image over to me there's a few things I could try... I have a
6085 running VP & Lisp images from Dave's MFM emulator.

Mike

http://www.corestore.org
'No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his brother.
Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame.
For one person, in the dark, where no one will ever know or see.'