Getting out of the hobby

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Fri Oct 14 09:08:34 CDT 2016

    > From: Richard Schauer

    > My message to him, which I did save, is dated the evening of March 12,
    > 1997, and I seem to recall the list started a couple of days later.

OK, so the 'unofficial' early archives which I'm hosting:

  http://ana-3.lcs.mit.edu/~jnc/cctalk/

do go back that far, so it doesn't look like we're missing much. The earliest
ones there are from 13 March 1997, so we may be missing a few, but not many;
the first posts are clearly 'hi, here's who am I' kind of things, apparently

I scanned down the list, looking for names I recognized, and found this:

  http://ana-3.lcs.mit.edu/~jnc/cctalk/1997-March/0070.html

which seems like it must be someone's very first post to this list!! :-)

I do have the 'missing' archives (i.e. between Feburary 2005 and November
2014) in mail archive format, and once I figure out how to run Hypermail (this
has been on my to-do list since last September, maybe I'll take a run at it
today), I'll add them to the unofficial archives.

Once done, it may take Google a few days to index them, but once that's done,
it should be possible to search for content again.

	Noel