Getting out of the hobby

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Fri Oct 14 16:26:06 CDT 2016

On Fri, 14 Oct 2016, jim stephens wrote:
> There are a number of 1970 postings, which clearly were sent with 0 time
> stamp values, and accepted by the mailing agent and archived with the 1970
> time frame.  They are not all the same in each snapshot.
> Appreciate your capture of these.

Sometimes you can get hints of what OS and/or software was on the
originating machine - if you don't set the date, what does your machine
default to?

Besides the posts that had no time-stamp, or faulty/corrupted ones,. . .
Was John Titor on this list?

Slysoft is GONE, partially but not completely replaced, . . .
One version of ANYDVD that I use requires any date prior to a certain
one; that machine is set for October 14, 1988.  1988 (a leap year) is the
most recent year that has days-of-week and dates the same as 2016.
Non-leapyears have much easier calendar substitutions.