Manuaal for the original Sun Workstation

Richard Loken rlloken at
Sat Oct 15 00:05:51 CDT 2016

On Wed, 12 Oct 2016, jim stephens wrote:

> On 10/12/2016 9:47 PM, Jerry Kemp wrote:
>> any chance that it could be scanned, then shared that way?

I think this manual should be scanned for posterity but cannot do that.

> Something like what is on this page?

Nothing similar there.

> Bitsavers:

the one above is the previous version to the manual I have.  According
to the first page, the single volume Sun-1 System Reference Manual from
July 1982 was replaced by two volumes the User Guide, which I have, and
the Programmer's Reference Manual which I do not have.  The older
manual is probably more useful but this one is expanded (according to
revision page) to include 1/2" and 1/4" tape drives and Fujitsu disk
drives.  I see that the CDC Lark operation is in here, the Sun-1 that
I dealt with had a CDC Lark cartridge unit and I still have some of the
old Lark cartridges and no possible way to read them.

   Richard Loken VE6BSV, Systems Programmer - VMS   : "...underneath those
   Athabasca University				   : tuques we wear, our
   Athabasca, Alberta Canada			   : heads are naked!"
   ** rlloken at **                         :    - Arthur Black