Old versions of Emacs

Lars Brinkhoff lars at nocrew.org
Thu Oct 20 16:58:14 CDT 2016

Warner Losh wrote:
> Any chance you can share your archive?

Oh, sure!  For now, my most ethical repository is this:
https://gitlab.com/larsbrinkhoff/emacs-history
But I'd be happy to mirror it on savannah.

> I went looking for emacs 17 years ago and couldn't find it...

Turns out 4.3BSD had a copy!

> I have several ancient CDROMs that have "internet archives" that have
> random versions of stuff on them, including emacs. I'll see if I can
> help you, but it will be emacs the 18 stuff only (maybe)

Those CDs sound exactly like where random versions of Emacs might turn
up.  18 is fine.  I'm especially irked that I haven't found 18.56.