Unibus / Qbus

emanuel stiebler emu at e-bbes.com
Sat Oct 22 16:39:12 CDT 2016

On 2016-10-22 22:08, allison wrote:

> So to do that you have two project the hardware is fairly straight
> forward (see the
> applicable Bus interfacing books put out by DEC) but the software to use
> it is a project.
> FYI I have never heard of any one recreating the RQDX1/2/3 software
> protocol MSCP
> as it was nontrivial, proprietary, and copyrighted.

Every time I thought about it, or even started, I gave up, because there
aren't simply enough people who would buy such a thing. The prices for
an old working Qbus SCSI controller are low enough, to just wait until
you get one on ebay for a decent price.

So all of my machines have SCSI in the meantime, and the headache of
making my own is gone ;-)