PDP-11 RL02 disk emulation

Scott Baker scott.l.baker at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 13:28:05 CDT 2016

Hi Noel,

>> Any chance it could be put into 'production'?
Sure, if there is interest, I could make a run of boards.

>> Also, what FPGA board are you using? I assume it's one that has an SD
>> card socket or something, for actually storing the bits on?

My project is just an interface board for an existing RL02 emulator
project: www.pdp11gy.com  There are a multiple project revisions listed on
the pdp11gy.com site that use different Altera FPGA dev boards: DE0 Nano,
DE0 Nano SOC, and BeMicro CV.

I was planning to use a Terasic DE0 Nano dev board since these boards can
be found on eBay from $50 to $100. The DE0 nano does not have an micro-SD
card socket which is why there is a socket on my interface board.
http://sierracircuitdesign.ddns.net/temp/RL02

The DE0 Nano SOC, and BeMicro CV dev boards have micro-SD card sockets, so
if you used one of those, then you would not need to populate the micro-SD
socket on the interface board. According to the author of the
www.pdp11gy.com RL02 project, the 40-pin headers on DE0 Nano, DE0 Nano SOC,
and BeMicro CV are compatible, so you could use my interface board with any
of these boards.

Regards,
Scott