vt100 terminfo with padding for an actual vt100?

Cameron Kaiser spectre at floodgap.com
Tue Sep 6 20:21:22 CDT 2016

> I see a few mentions online about the 128 supporting 9600 natively, but
> no real details. Do you have any to share?

IIRC -- and I haven't had to write Commodore user port serial code in a
looooong time -- it's much like a 64 doing 2400bps on the user port, it's
just bitbanging it at a higher rate instead of using the Kernal, and at
2MHz. 4800bps is definitely achievable and considered stable. I suppose you
could overdrive it to 9600 and I've heard of it being done, but I've never
written such code myself.

When I used Kermit on my 128 as my means of Internet access, I had a
SwiftLink.

> I wonder if it'd be worth turning off the device's UP9600 support and
> seeing if the 128 will still talk 9600 to it. (If I do keep it on,
> apparently the 128 will be able to do 19200 -- but I'm not holding my
> breath, based on my experience with 9600.)

I would be very impressed to get 19.2k out of that!