UNIBUS M9312 ROM type identification

william degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 06:35:03 CDT 2016

On Sep 7, 2016 1:08 AM, "JP Hindin" <jplist2008 at kiwigeek.com> wrote:

> Greetings;
>
> My googlefu is failing me and I was wondering if someone might be able to
help me identify one of the boot ROMs present in an M9312 bootstrap/term
board. The board has three ROMs, an RX01 (042130), an RX02 (042131) and
then a mystery code - 043127.

> The M9312 ROM identification table does not list this ROM code - I
suspect it _might_ be for a DSD combined 8" drive and Winchester disk box,
but I'm under the impression this would appear as a DU device, and
attempting to boot from DU gets an ILL CMD, suggesting otherwise. I tried
all of the other possible mnemonics listed in the M9312 manual, so it
doesn't appear to piggy-backing on any of those either.

> My thanks;
>
>  - JP

Most ROM part numbers for the 9312 end in A9.    I suggest you're looking
up the wrong numbers.  I have a list on my site, but the following is more
comprehensive:

http://www.ak6dn.com/PDP-11/M9312/

Bill