50 yrs. of Star Trek!

Thomas Kula kula at tproa.net
Thu Sep 8 13:01:56 CDT 2016

On Thu, Sep 08, 2016 at 01:03:36PM -0400, Murray McCullough wrote:
> What role did Star Trek play in the rise of small computers that are
> so ubiquitous today? This science fiction series prognosticated many
> things but how many actually happened or am I expecting too much from
> a television show of 50 years ago?

I remember reading, ages ago, that the ubiquitous 'memory tapes' they
were always shoving into techno things on TOS were about the size of a
3.5" disk. And, after they started to become common, I remember thinking
that USB 'thumb drives' were about the form-factor of the chips used in
TNG.

--
Thomas L. Kula | kula at tproa.net | http://kula.tproa.net/