50 yrs. of Star Trek!

Joe Giliberti starbase89 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 00:12:05 CDT 2016

It's funny you bring up Alexa and Siri. I read an article a few days
ago about how Majel Barrett, the voice of the ship's computer from TOS
to the first reboot movie (and Gene Roddenberry's wife) recorded a
phonetic library shortly before her death. I know that Google at one
point had a speech system called "Majel." I don't know if it is
related, but it would be pretty cool if it was...