obscure forgoten Machean of Europe?

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Sun Sep 11 13:09:43 CDT 2016

> On Sep 11, 2016, at 1:25 PM, Noel Chiappa <jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu> wrote:

> I don't think anyone looks down on the more obscure machines, in fact I
> personally (and many others, I suspect) are very happy to see people paying
> attention to them, and my respects to the people who are working to save them.

One of the problems with "obscure European machinery" is that documentation is not available.  No Siemens computers, for example.  And the only trace I have found of the Philips PR8000 is a one line mention in a list of computers, just enough to confirm that's the machine I once used whose model number I had forgotten.

It's not clear why this is so.  Fewer collectors?  Not much commercial success for some or many of those machines?

	paul