G4 cube (was Re: 68K Macs with MacOS 7.5 still in production use...)

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Tue Sep 13 01:35:50 CDT 2016

On 09/12/2016 02:10 PM, Richard Loken wrote:

> And now they have the mac pro which looks like a very elegant
> $3,000.00 can of tomato juice.  Not much changes.
>
> Meanwhile, I am on my second mac Mini (third if you count my wife's)
> because i really like the mac mini so I probably would have bought
> the cube if I had been in the market for a mac at that time.

Too new!  This past week, I used a beige G3 to recover a pile of 800K
Mac floppies.  The only one I couldn't read turned out to be a PC
formatted 720K disk.

After struggling with trying to find a good ftp facility for OS 9, I
stuffit-ed the disks up and transfered them to a USB flash drive and
sneakernet-ed it over to the Linux box.

--Chuck