FDN303 datasheet

Mike Stein mhs.stein at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 12:05:12 CDT 2016

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chuck Guzis" <cclist at sydex.com>
To: "General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts" <cctalk at classiccmp.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2016 9:12 PM
Subject: Re: FDN303 datasheet

> On 09/13/2016 06:01 PM, Mike Stein wrote:
>
>> I could probably kludge the oval eject button and whatever else
>> needed to make another drive fit, but I wanted to play around with
>> modding other drives for 8" emulation anyway while I was at it.
>>
>> I think I may have enough to make them work, but thanks for returning
>> the tip ;-)
>
> Well, I probably have one of the NEC drives in my stash, so if you get
> stuck, I'll willing to put my own drive under the soldering iron.  Most
> of the NEC drives that I've seen are capable of 3-mode operation,
> however they try to hide it.  Same for most Teac high-density drives.
>
> --Chuck
Thanks very much Chuck but looks like it works. Once I found the speed control line it was a simple matter of cutting that trace, routing a pseudo-ready to pin 34 and adding a 3-pin header for drive 0/1 select.

But being a typical anal nerd, it'd still be nice to see a datasheet or at least the functions of the various jumpers...