Is anyone making replacement clear labels for DEC gear?

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 12:05:44 CDT 2016

On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 12:57 PM, Fred Cisin <cisin at xenosoft.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Sep 2016, Doug Ingraham wrote:
>>
>> White on clear is available with the Brother P-Touch label system. Just do
>> a google search for white on clear label tape.

Right.  That's one approach if bitmaps are possible.  The usual
internal fonts are not close.

> SOME of the Brother P-Touch label machines have a USB port, making it
> possible to print a JPG, and not be stuck with the internal fonts.

That would be a good list to explore.

> The machines are readily available that take up to 1" wide, although 3/4" is
> a more common upper limit.  I don't know which machines will take wider
> media.

I used to have one of these - it was sent to recycling in the past
year in part because I didn't have any TZ tapes and because the
drivers for it were for Mac OS 7 and Windows 3.1... (it was not USB -
it was RS-232 - it was far older than USB)

-ethan