Another language : SDL

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Wed Apr 12 12:36:27 CDT 2017

On 04/12/2017 09:46 AM, Stefan Skoglund via cctalk wrote:
> Anyone with access to a distribution of SDT (Telelogik's SDL
> programming system) for old era SunOS 4 ? I have a SS10 which is a
> beggar for SDT (or KEE or Frame.)

Well, there you go--another reason for the tower of Babel.  STL, at
first glance for me, brings up "Standard Template Library".  I have no
doubt that there are at least a half-dozen other language-related
meanings for this acronym.

SDL = System Definition Language, from the 1960s, almost completely
forgotten now.  Then there's SDL = Specification and Description Language:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Specification_and_Description_Language

If I had to shake a stick at all computer languages, I'd run out of sticks.

--Chuck