TRS-80 curiosity

Peter Cetinski pete at pski.net
Fri Apr 14 08:35:35 CDT 2017

On Apr 14, 2017, at 9:11 AM, Kelly Leavitt via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

>> On another note, the box is labeled "To EI Screen Printer Port".
>> Not sure what that means as the EI has a "Line Printer Card Edge"
>> and not something specific to the Screen Printer.
>
> Well, that explains it all then.
>
> http://www.trs-80.org/trs-80-screen-printer/
>
> The screen printer connected to the expansion interface via a dedicated cable.

The EI expansion port was originally called the Screen Printer port because that was the only accessory that connected directly to the TRS-80 bus.
I’m not sure if this cable was for the Screen Printer as I always thought that was a straight through cable.  But, the manuals do not indicate either way.