Pass on (Was: APL and descendants - was Re: If C is so evil why

william degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 22:20:04 CDT 2017

On Apr 14, 2017 11:04 PM, "Fred Cisin via cctalk" <cctalk at classiccmp.org>
wrote:

>>> have a cartridge for the APL on the VideoBrain. He considers it
>>> more valuable than gold and won't let anyone look at it or
>>> dump its contents.
>
> On Fri, 14 Apr 2017, Toby Thain via cctalk wrote:
>>
>> I never understood this self-defeating attitude. What's supposed to
happen when they pass on?

> Those handling the estate might make a good-faith effort to follow
explicitly stated wishes.
> Then the rest of "that crap" gets dumpstered and sent to landfill.
> Stuff like that ridiculous "APL" game cartridge that won't even fit any
current game machine.
> And ALL of those obsolete computers that won't even run Windows 10 NOR
current Apple OS.

> Remember what happened to Don Maslin's projects?
>
> I've made a will, with a bunch of specific bequests.  For the rest, . . .
When I go, my sister will gladly let anybody who is willing to do a dump
run have all of my stuff, if they act quickly.  Otherwise, she will hire a
hauling outfit that WILL work quickly.  She will gripe long and loud about
how much it costs and how long it takes to throw away all of my stuff.

> --
> Grumpy Ol' Fred                 cisin at xenosoft.com

AM I correct, APL on my tektronix 4015?

Bill Degnan