Looking for PDP-8 G603 "Memory Selector Matrix" boards (or dec T-2052 transformers)

Vincent Slyngstad v.slyngstad at frontier.com
Sun Apr 16 02:06:28 CDT 2017

From: Charles Dickman via cctalk: Saturday, April 15, 2017 6:15 PM
> Do we know who made the transformers originally? I maintain some old
> industrial hardware designs that used pulse transformers from the
> mid-60's and I may still have catalogs and/or data sheets.

The DEC part number for these parts is 16-05794.  Variant -05 is the
T2037, and variant -02 is the T2052.

I don't remember any more how I did it, but at some point, I tracked
these down to bhelectronics.com.  The information they were able to
provide for the T2037 shows the logo of Buckbee Mears Co. of
St. Paul, Minn. and the stamp of the "Pulse Transformer Div".
Presumably BH Electronics acquired Buckbee Mears at some point.
They also indicate that they were manufactured to DEC's spec's.

I wouldn't expect them to have much more information -- they
indicated they'd sent me what they had, and that was paper
records back in 2004.  It would be great to turn up some old
data sheets, though.  The "code ident no." on the manufacturing
docs is 08450, and the number 500-0587 is also repeated on
every page.

    Vince