Looking for TRS-80 Model parts (and/or someone in the Phoenix, AZ area)

Jim Brain brain at jbrain.com
Sun Apr 23 22:48:14 CDT 2017

On 4/23/2017 10:40 PM, Fred Cisin via cctalk wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Apr 2017, Ed via cctalk wrote:
>> is the 12 the thing that looks like  a trs 80 mod  2   in size? if  so i
>> have some
>> what is the history behind  your  unit!?!?!?!?!?!?
>> Yes---  I am in Phx!  Ed#
>
> Yes, the 2, the 12, and the 16 look similar.
> There are Z80 and 68000 CPU boards.
>
> Which of the variant versions of CP/M do you have for it?

Sadly, I have nothing for it at present (just acquired).  After I
bought, someone approached me and offered to send some model 12 disks,
so I'll send him an email and see if the units will respond more fully.

I can attest this is a Model 12, with no card cage (well, two of them,
no difference).  The one has seen a hard life, but I think at least one
restorable unit is present here.  The other case is badly damaged and
the parts are long gone, but the internals could be of assistance to
someone.  I thought perhaps taking the lesser unit (after seeing about
making a small PC KEYB interface for the unit and getting some boot
disks for it) to TANDY Assembly and donating it to help that show (or
the next CocoFEST show, mostly because I don't think there is enough
room in his abode for two of those units long term :-)

Jim

--
Jim Brain
brain at jbrain.com