PDP-8/a cleaning

jim stephens jwsmail at jwsss.com
Tue Apr 25 02:51:41 CDT 2017

On 4/25/2017 12:45 AM, ben via cctech wrote:

> I would go for distilled water, tap water could have chlorine it it.
> Ben.
Good point.  Also with care, I've seen distilled water, then alcohol
rinse (not
rubbing, but pure of some sort), then air dry.  This is used on optics
to get
rid of water spotting.  The alcohol will flush out water that you could
normally
only wait out for evaporation, and rapidly evaporates itself w/o residue

main problem are fumes and flames, so care must be taken when using
it.

thanks
jim