Importing a PDP-8 from Canada

Jim MacKenzie jim at photojim.ca
Tue Aug 1 10:49:05 CDT 2017

As long as any improvements were done in Canada using Canadian parts, it wouldn't matter anyway.  Canada is a signatory to NAFTA, and Canadian goods (with rare exceptions) are duty-free to the US.

If you have any doubt, call the border station where you plan to import the goods, tell them what you are doing, and ask them what they need and if there will be any issues with taxes, duties or import permits.  My guess is that none of this would apply to something made within Canada or the US being imported for a museum.

Jim