2.11BSD on two RL02 drives? Probably not, but...

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Fri Aug 4 12:26:15 CDT 2017

> On Aug 4, 2017, at 1:17 PM, David Bridgham via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> So my question is: do industrial SD cards exist?

Yes; we've been using them for years now in the products I work on.  While you can still wear them out if you beat on them hard enough, they do have good reliability.

If you have a ready-made SD interface, these cards work nicely.  If you need to build one from scratch it gets tricky, because the interface is fairly high speed serial (packet based) signaling, and the initialization sequence before you can do any I/O is fairly convoluted.  It is reasonably well documented in the SD standard, but still, it takes a while to get all the code working.  BTDT.

	paul