Disk imaging with IMD - question

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Wed Aug 9 14:57:48 CDT 2017

On 08/09/2017 12:41 PM, Fred Cisin via cctalk wrote:

> My naming convention is flawed.  I think that at one point Western
> Digital made an "NEC compatible" controller, that isn't what I call
> "wd-style"

Yup, the WD37C65.  Anyone need any?  I've got a tubeful that I'm never
going to use.   Used in the 8-bit ISA WD1002A-FOX controller board--and
a number of other similar ones, such as the Sysgen Omnibridge.

Downside of this particular chip is that it uses two crystals (an 8MHz
and a 9.6MHz one), unlike later "PC-AT controller on a chip" ICs, that
generally used either a single 24 or 48 MHz crystal.

Patterned, as Fred said, after the NEC uPD765/Inel 8272 and very unlike
the WD 17xx and 27xx chips.

Rich, you said your setup passed fdtest.  Specifically, what portions of
it?  It's a rare FDC that will pass all of the tests.

--Chuck