cctalk Digest, Vol 39, Issue 2

Fred fcoffey at misernet.net
Mon Dec 4 07:37:31 CST 2017

On Sat, 2 Dec 2017, cctalk-request at classiccmp.org wrote:

> Message: 13
> Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2017 20:39:14 -0500
> From: william degnan <billdegnan at gmail.com>

> Thanks I think this is what I need, just disable smtp within MULTINET.  As
> I said in my OP I prefer a VMS or MULTINET solution free of modern hardware
> if possible, now that I know what is possible.    I was curious to learn

I also think, depending on the version of Multinet you are running it
should have the option to disable relaying.  I know before I installed
PMDF (and used Multinet) I was able to do this.   process.com (makers of
Multinet and PMDF) have really good documentation on their website that
you should be able to find the info you seek.

In lieu of that, if you're feeling adventerous ...

I think I remember you mentioning you were running VMS 5.   Would PMDF run
on that?  (when my Alpha is turned on, currently off as it needs a fan or
two)  I run PMDF on my Alpha DS10 running OpenVMS 8.3 and I am able to
block relaying.

Fred