RX02 Difficulties

Tony Duell ard.p850ug1 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 08:54:00 CST 2017

On Fri, Dec 8, 2017 at 2:45 PM, Aaron Jackson via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> - Strapped RX01 - I don't know what this means
>
> - PDP8 - eh?

No idea as to the fault (heck, it's not in front of me with a logic analyser
to hand), but I think I can explain that.

There is a pair of DIP switches on the controller board (the upper board
in the RX02 itself, the one that hinges up). Three of the 4 settings are
used : RX02 (which is the one you want, it is an RX02 drive to link
to an RX211 or RXV21 interface), RX01 (turns the drive into a single-
density-only RX01-a-like to link to an RX11 or RXV11) and 'PDP8' which
is used to link to an RX8e for Omnibus PDP8 machines. The switch
settings are in one of the manuals, you should check them.

-tony