RX02 Difficulties

Aaron Jackson aaron at aaronsplace.co.uk
Fri Dec 8 09:03:17 CST 2017

> On Fri, Dec 8, 2017 at 2:45 PM, Aaron Jackson via cctalk
> <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
>> - Strapped RX01 - I don't know what this means
>>
>> - PDP8 - eh?
>
> No idea as to the fault (heck, it's not in front of me with a logic analyser
> to hand), but I think I can explain that.
>
> There is a pair of DIP switches on the controller board (the upper board
> in the RX02 itself, the one that hinges up). Three of the 4 settings are
> used : RX02 (which is the one you want, it is an RX02 drive to link
> to an RX211 or RXV21 interface), RX01 (turns the drive into a single-
> density-only RX01-a-like to link to an RX11 or RXV11) and 'PDP8' which
> is used to link to an RX8e for Omnibus PDP8 machines. The switch
> settings are in one of the manuals, you should check them.
>
> -tony

I think I have this set correctly, can be seen in this photo, unless I
misunderstand the colouring. Originally it was the other way around and
VTserver would throw an error instead of hang. I can try it again, with
the originally settings, under xxdp and see what happens.

http://aaronsplace.co.uk/private/pics/rx02insides/logic.jpg

Manual says it should be S1=off, S2=on for RX211 and RXV21