EPROM baking

dwight dkelvey at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 13 08:49:39 CST 2017

When I was at Intel, years ago, I recall the baking was only to repair the retention of the EPROMs. It was not to fix random failures.

It sounds like your EPROMs have various failures that wouldn't be helped by baking.

Each time the EPROM is programmed, there is a slight increase in the leakage of the floating gate. This was typical after thousands of program/erase cycles. Baking them repaired the damage to the insulating layer that was damaged.

Dwight