RL02 to PC image

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 08:15:08 CST 2017

On Fri, Dec 15, 2017 at 2:36 AM, Vincent Slyngstad via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> Mine are available here:
> http://www.so-much-stuff.com/pdp8/cad/3d.php
>
> It's a fairly finicky print.  Fine detail and cantilevered thin pins that
> need to be straight and reasonably strong.

I printed out one on a FormLabs Form1+.  Came out very nicely.

> Shapeways does a fine job printing them for about $4, though.

I don't know that it was much cheaper when I did it - the resin is $125/liter.

The advantage of Shapeways is you can have it made out of something
less brittle than FormLab resin.  My part will work, but I wouldn't
want to drop it - the legs would probably shatter.

-ethan