RL02 to PC image

Chris Elmquist chrise at pobox.com
Fri Dec 15 20:59:58 CST 2017

I thought about doing this with an FTDI FT245, which is a parallel to USB FIFO device that looks like a USB serial port to the USB-side host.  USB protocol will manage all the “flow control” and so the PDP can write to it as fast as it can.

We did a similar thing on Heathkit H89 and H8 machines, replacing an 8250 UART with the FT245 and then rolling some code on the Heath side to send and receive files to a PC host.

--
Chris Elmquist