Odd Connections to Rectifier?

Tony Duell ard.p850ug1 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 08:35:15 CST 2017

On Mon, Dec 18, 2017 at 8:06 AM, Rob Jarratt via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> I am reverse engineering the schematic for the input stage of my H7862 PSU.
> I have come across a KBU6J bridge rectifier which seems to be connected only
> to the two middle pins, which are the AC inputs. I can't see any other
> connections. Before I desolder it to verify there are no connections I can't
> see, does this make any sense?

I don't think it makes sense. With no connections to the other pins
(+ve and -ve DC
out I assume) then there is no DC (or AC) path through the rectifier,
whatever the input,
at least one diode is reverse-biased. Unless you are depending on the
diodes to break
down in a controlled way (and I can't believe it depends on that) then
the bridge will do
nothing.

-tony